Club History

Melton Valley Golf Club has occupied its present site since 1932.  The Club grew slowly to a relatively small 180 members in 1987, when the course and clubrooms were demolished and completely rebuilt under the guidance of Golf Course Architect, Tony Cashmore.  The course was constructed at a cost of approximately $800,000 in 1987, reopened in May 1988 and is now recognized as one of the best in the Western and Northern suburbs of Melbourne. 

The reconstructed course won a joint Melton Valley Golf Club, Shire of Melton and Road Construction Authority project award.

Following improvements to the course and facilities, membership has grown substantially from 180 in 1987 to approximately 450 currently.

The Club has couched fairways and recycled water to ensure our course is not affected by drought.

The Club is an incorporated association with Board of five Directors elected  at the Annual General Meeting.

Melton Valley is affiliated with the Golf Australia and Golf Victoria and hold reciprocal rights with a number of clubs throughout the country.

In 1998 the Club was nominated by the Professional Golfers Association as one of the Top 10 courses in Victoria.

Both greenfee players and club members are actively encouraged to use our facilities with around 25,000 rounds of golf played per year played.

Our current clubrooms opened in late June 1995 and our full club license was gained in March 1996.  Seating for 100 is available with the dance floor open.

We joined the Licensed Clubs Association in 1986.